It's a Freebie: A FedEx module for Prestashop
If you're not a web developer this probably won't interest you (seriously it's a little geeky). But if you're a developer working with the Prestashop ecommerce platform, this little module might just save you a decent bit of development time.
We're giving away a Prestashop FedEx module we created that enables shipping price calculations based on the FedEx API. This FedEx module also has a fall-back mode if the UPS shipping module is also installed. This release is compatible with Prestashop 1.2
Here's the steps you'll need to set it up:
- Download zip package.
- Upload 'blockfedex' folder to your modules directory.
- Upload Carrier.php to classes folder (make a backup of your copy first!)
- Upload fedexRate.php to classes folder
- Install the module through the Prestashop admin, entering in your account details from FedEx: key, account number, etc.
- Set your shipping (under the 'shipping' tab) to be "according to total weight" (the only way that FedEx can calculate shipping prices)
You can download the Prestashop FedEx module here: http://files.neboweb.com/releases/FedExModule.5.zip