Shopify / Front-End Engineer
Please note that we're not actively seeking to fill this position. We are always happy to hear from brilliant people, but we cannot guarantee a quick response to any inquiries submitted regarding this posting.
Calling all Shopify virtuosos: we’re looking for an experienced teammate to help us craft the future of marketing by making our E-commerce stores shine. If you love Liquid, we’d love to talk to you!
Simply put: Nebo’s Engineering team makes cool stuff happen. We’re responsible for taking our clients’ visions and making them a working reality. Oh, and petting the office dogs.
If you’re a passionate front-end developer who’s up for a challenge and down to pet dogs, this job is right up your alley.
Nebo is a human-centered agency built on a culture of respect, professional growth and care for every employee. With numerous perks, including hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work options designed to fit your needs, unlimited PTO, and free attendance to local marketing events, join this fun-loving team that occasionally talks Slack Smack.
About the Position
As a Shopify / Front-End Engineer, you’d be joining our Front-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Executing Shopify theme and functionality updates
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working closely with Design and UX
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex user interactions either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis
- CSS / Sass
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2+ years of front-end development experience
- Prior Shopify theme development experience
- Portfolio of designed and coded work
- Familiar with Adobe creative tools
- Able to translate user experience and design into clean, modular, and scalable code that follows web standards
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills)
- Familiar with using Git and version control
- Experienced in SCSS, Grunt/Gulp
- Agency experience
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.