Shopify / Front-End Engineer
Please note that we're not actively seeking to fill this position. We are always happy to hear from brilliant people, but we cannot guarantee a quick response to any inquiries submitted regarding this posting.
Calling all Shopify virtuosos: we’re looking for an experienced teammate to help us craft the future of marketing by making our E-commerce stores shine. If you love Liquid, we’d love to talk to you!
Simply put: Nebo’s Engineering team makes cool stuff happen. We’re responsible for taking our clients’ visions and making them a working reality. Oh, and petting the office dogs.
If you’re a passionate front-end developer who’s up for a challenge and down to pet dogs, this job is right up your alley.
Nebo is a human-centered agency committed to doing great work and never settling for "good enough." The culture is friendly, the work is rewarding and the Friday beers are cold, because that's the way we like it. Located in West Atlanta, we're at the heart of the Southeast's digital, startup, and marketing scenes. (And we have a stock of Red Bull, fuel of champions.)
About the Position
As a Shopify / Front-End Engineer, you’d be joining our Front-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Executing Shopify theme and functionality updates
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working closely with Design and UX
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex user interactions either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis
- CSS / Sass
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2+ years of front-end development experience
- Prior Shopify theme development experience
- Portfolio of designed and coded work
- Familiar with Adobe creative tools
- Able to translate user experience and design into clean, modular, and scalable code that follows web standards
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills)
- Familiar with using Git and version control
- Experienced in SCSS, Grunt/Gulp
- Agency experience