Senior Public Relations Specialist
At Nebo, we believe in bringing a human-centered approach to public relations. At a time when everyone has a voice and we're all oversaturated with information, our goal is to help brands stand out in a meaningful and impactful way. If you're part storyteller, part strategist and have a way with building meaningful relationships with influencers and the media, we want to talk.
As a Senior Public Relations Specialist at Nebo, you will be responsible for bringing a brand's story to life through PR, from campaign ideation to managing media relations to flawless event planning and execution. And you'll be viewed as a leader to guide other members of your team to refine their skills in the same way. You should have a minimum of five years of public relations or communications experience and a solid understanding of public relations. A proven track record of strong writing and communication skills, media outreach experience and a passion for public relations are a must to be successful in this role.
- Lead creation and implementation of strategic public relations and communications programs that produce superior results for clients
- Demonstrate media relations experience and execute media outreach by developing and maintaining strong national, local, trade and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers and thought-leaders
- Act as a strategic advisor for clients, facilitating frequent and consistent client communications
- Support creation of strategic communications plans and lead development of media outreach initiatives including media lists, pitch letters, key messaging documents, fact sheets and press releases; ongoing management of monitoring and trackers
- Develop and implement thought leadership programs, including facilitating speaking engagements and placing bylined articles
- Research and integrate trending news, industry trends and compelling angles into PR programs
- Manage event planning initiatives as well as execution, including staffing client events, as appropriate
- Provide comprehensive, insightful reports detailing the effectiveness of PR efforts
- Mentor team members to develop, grow and refine their professional skills
- Support team leadership in Nebo internal tasks such as hiring, business development and team growth
- 5+ years of professional experience with media outreach and public relations as well as a proven track record of positive results and successes; strong preference for agency background
- Ability to successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Proficiency with AP Style writing and Cision
- Strong verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing
Qualifications That Will Set You Apart
- Familiarity with social media marketing, search engine optimization and paid media
- Past experience with contributing to new business development
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.