Web Development Intern
Simply put: Nebo’s Engineering team gets things done. We are responsible for taking our clients’ visions and making them a working reality. We’re looking for passionate, driven teammates to help us build the future of digital marketing! We’d also love to help you jump-start your web development career!
Nebo is a human-centered agency committed to doing great work and never settling for "good enough." The culture is friendly, and the work is challenging, because that's the way we like it. Located in West Midtown Atlanta, we're at the heart of the Southeast's digital, startup, and marketing scenes, and we're also conveniently located right across the street from the best coffee in town.
About the Position:
As a Web Development Intern, you’d be joining our Engineering team and specializing in either front- or back-end development. Some example responsibilities of a Web Development Intern include:
- Working with a more experienced Engineer to learn about project planning and estimation
- Producing HTML and CSS based on design PSDs
- Cross-browser compatibility testing
- Building small features for various CMS-based websites
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- CSS / Sass
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- Currently studying computer science or other related field
- Experience with content management systems
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- A solid portfolio demonstrating web application/website development capability
- Previous front- or back-end web development experience
- Experience QAing web applications
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.