Technical SEO Specialist
Wondering what a better agency life feels like? The water is warm at Nebo — and the work is challenging and fun. Our SEO team believes that only creating breakthrough work isn't enough — people also need to be able to find it. If you have a passion for outsmarting search engines, we want to hear from you.
Technical SEO Specialist Position Requirements
- An in-depth understanding of search engine behavior: what content search engines crawl and read, what practices to avoid, and what on-page changes will have the most impact based on current algorithms
- Creation of highly refined keyword strategies that lay the foundation for the rest of a client's SEO project
- Performing thorough, detailed website analysis, identifying current problems and opportunities, with a focus on crawlability, site architecture and site content
- Performing competitive research, identifying what the client's competitors are doing right, what they're doing wrong, and how these tactics influence the client
- Managing execution of SEO strategies, including keyword strategy implementation, technical recommendation implementation and executing tactical strategies based on competitive analysis
- Staying up to date on current industry practices, news and algorithm updates
- Training other employees about on-page SEO
Things that will set you apart (aka Bonus Skills)
- The ability to write coherent, compelling copy that is not only keyword-rich, but also user-friendly
- An understanding of social media and its role in SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics, a variety of content management systems, and industry specific tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this is a client facing role
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.