Ruby on Rails Engineer
Simply put: Nebo’s Engineering team gets things done. We are responsible for taking our clients’ visions and making them a working reality. We’re looking for passionate, driven teammates to help us build the future of digital marketing!
Nebo is a human-centered agency committed to doing great work and never settling for "good enough." The culture is friendly, and the work is challenging, because that's the way we like it. Located in West Atlanta, we're at the heart of the Southeast's digital, startup, and marketing scenes.
About the Position:
As a Ruby on Rails Engineer, you’d be joining our Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2-3+ years of back-end web development experience
- 1-2+ years of Ruby on Rails coding experience
- Experience with PHP
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web application/website development capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience QAing web applications
- Strong database design skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.