Public Relations Intern
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with an understanding and passion for public relations and communications. Experience with traditional, online and social media monitoring, tracking, reporting, media material development and/or media outreach is a plus.
PR Intern Responsibilities
- Work with public relations team to help execute programs for a wide range of clients
- Craft media materials, including media lists, pitch letters, fact sheets and press releases
- Help execute media outreach
- Assist with various event planning initiatives
- Create written content pieces as needed, including articles and blog posts
- Assist with crafting and submitting award entries
- Ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for earned media placements
PR Skills Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Strong verbal and/or presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive, enthusiastic and hard-working attitude
Qualifications That Will Set You Apart
- Familiarity with AP Style writing
- Experience with programs including Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Past experience with public relations and/or social media programs such as Cision and Crimson Hexagon
- Certification or experience with Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords
- Educational background in journalism, communications or public relations
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.