Magento Back-End Engineer
Calling all Magento aficionados: we’re looking for an experienced teammate to help us craft the future of marketing by making our Magento stores shine.
When you close your eyes, what do you see? API docs? Pages of wireframes? CMS back-ends? If that sounds about right, you just might be the person for Nebo’s Magento Back-End Engineer role.
We need an engineer whose brain is wired for manipulating e-commerce data and equipped with the skills to maintain and develop features for existing web applications and websites — and build complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks.
Collaboration is key at Nebo, and you should be able to participate in project planning and tactical direction with your team as well as build internal tools to help support other departments. Nebo’s engineering team is about getting things done. That usually looks like using the art of code to solve problems and build solutions for clients and coworkers alike.
To help us do just that, we’re looking for a driven teammate with 2 - 5 years of professional software experience and a computer science degree or equivalent experience. If this sounds like you, drop us a line.
About the Position:
As a Magento Back-End Engineer, you’d be joining our Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- CMSes such as Magento, Shopify, WordPress, and Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Ruby / Rails
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Magento custom software development and performance optimization
- Understanding of Magento 1 and Magento 2’s code and theme architecture
- Experience installing and configuring third-party extensions for Magento 1 and Magento 2
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web application/website development capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Agency experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of SEO best practice