Junior Public Relations Specialist
The ideal candidate is a passionate, entry-level professional with a background in public relations. Candidates should have some experience with monitoring, tracking, reporting, media material development and/or media outreach. An educational background in public relations, communications or journalism is preferred. Past agency experience is a plus.
- Work with PR team to help execute programs for a wide range of clients
- Craft media materials, including media lists, pitch letters, fact sheets and press releases
- Execute media outreach for a variety of clients
- Manage various event planning initiatives
- Ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for earned media placements
- Create written content pieces as needed, including articles and blog posts
- Assist with crafting and submitting award entries
- Participate in client meetings and on client calls, as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with AP Style writing
- Excellent writing, grammar and copyediting skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Positive, enthusiastic and hard-working attitude
Qualifications That Will Set You Apart
- Past experience with media outreach
- Agency experience or previously held public relations position/s
- Past experience with programs including Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Past experience with public relations and social media programs such as Cision and Crimson Hexagon
- Past experience with social media marketing
- Certifications in Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords
- Educational background in journalism, communications or public relations
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.