Junior Public Relations Specialist
Please note that we're not actively seeking to fill this position. We are always happy to hear from brilliant people, but we cannot guarantee a quick response to any inquiries submitted regarding this posting.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, entry-level professional with a background in public relations. Candidates should have some experience with monitoring, tracking, reporting, media material development and/or media outreach. An educational background in public relations, communications or journalism is preferred. Past agency experience is a plus.
Nebo is a human-centered agency built on a culture of respect, professional growth and care for every employee. With numerous perks, including hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work options designed to fit your needs, unlimited PTO, and free attendance to local marketing events, join this fun-loving team that occasionally talks Slack Smack.
- Work with PR team to help execute programs for a wide range of clients
- Craft media materials, including media lists, pitch letters, fact sheets and press releases
- Execute media outreach for a variety of clients
- Manage various event planning initiatives
- Ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for earned media placements
- Create written content pieces as needed, including articles and blog posts
- Assist with crafting and submitting award entries
- Participate in client meetings and on client calls, as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with AP Style writing
- Excellent writing, grammar and copyediting skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Positive, enthusiastic and hard-working attitude
Qualifications That Will Set You Apart
- Past experience with media outreach
- Agency experience or previously held public relations position/s
- Past experience with programs including Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Past experience with public relations and social media programs such as Cision and Crimson Hexagon
- Past experience with social media marketing
- Certifications in Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords
- Educational background in journalism, communications or public relations
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.