Calling all Drupal/PHP pros: we’re looking for a forward-thinking, problem-solving, office-dog-loving teammate who’s passionate about building the future of digital marketing.
If you’re looking for work that’s both challenging and rewarding, Nebo’s engineering team just might be the place for you. We love sinking our teeth into a challenge. Whether we’re building complex interactive experiences for our clients, experimenting with new platforms like voice tech, or playing Minecraft on team game nights, we’re always down for opportunities to grow our skills (and have fun doing it).
If you think you’re up for the job, we’d love to talk.
Nebo is a human-centered agency committed to doing great work and never settling for "good enough." The culture is friendly, the work is challenging and the beer is cold, because that's the way we like it. Located in West Midtown Atlanta, we're at the heart of the Southeast's digital, startup, and marketing scenes, and we're also conveniently located right across the street from the best coffee in town.
About the Position:
As a Drupal/PHP Engineer, you’d be joining our Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2-3+ years of web development experience
- 1-2+ years of experience with Drupal
- Experience with the following tasks in a Drupal environment
- Configuration management
- PHP templating
- Custom module development
- Performance monitoring/enhancement
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web application/website development capability
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with E-commerce platforms (Magento, osCommerce, Shopify, etc)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications is a bonus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and we’re in the process of developing a plan to return to the office safely. While it’s our preference to have folks in the office together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.