Back-End Web Application Engineer
Simply put: Nebo’s engineering team gets things done. That usually looks like using the art of code to solve problems and build solutions for clients and coworkers alike. We don’t get hung up on what hasn’t been done — we’re all about what we can do. We’re looking for driven teammates who are ready to jump in and do the same.
When you close your eyes, what do you see? Rows of clean code? Pages of wireframes? CMS back-ends? If that sounds about right, you just might be the person for Nebo’s back-end engineer role.
Your brain is wired for manipulating data and you’re equipped with the skills to maintain and develop features for existing web applications and websites — and build complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks.
Collaboration is key at Nebo, and you should be able to participate in project planning and tactical direction with your team as well as build internal tools to help support other Nebo departments.
We’re looking for someone with 2-5 years of professional software experience and a computer science degree or equivalent experience.
About the Position:
As a Back-End Web and Application Engineer, you’d be joining our Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Experience with an object-oriented, back-end web development language (PHP, RoR, etc)
- Experience with creating & customizing content management systems (Wordpress, Magento, etc)
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web application/website development capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience with E-commerce platforms (Magento, osCommerce, Shopify, etc)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but going forward this position will be based in our office located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.
Thank you for your interest in Nebo!