Brand & Audience Insights
In January 2013, Lifetime Television made LiviRae Lingerie's owners, Molly Hopkins and Cynthia Decker, the stars of the hit reality series Double Divas. LiviRae needed a way to leverage this exposure to educate more women on proper bra fit and related health implications.
It wasn't possible with their outdated website, which wasn't fit to handle their greatly increasing traffic and didn't reflect the enormous personality of the brand, nor was it possible with their existing media outreach efforts and online presence. Additionally, LiviRae wanted to bolster their local presence and increase engagement with Atlanta-based partners and customers.
LiviRae tasked Nebo to build a new site that would best recreate the in-store experience and to research, develop and implement a comprehensive digital public relations and social program, both of which would build on the hype of Double Divas and differentiate the brand in a crowded lingerie market. Nebo discovered that customers felt alienated by larger brands and identified an opportunity for LiviRae to capture disenchanted audiences by showing how women can be both sexy and healthy.
Solving the Problem
Nebo crafted a site that carefully blended Molly's and Cynthia's huge personalities, welcoming attitude and passionate, heartfelt care for the health and self-acceptance of women of all sizes. The site addressed misconceptions about proper bra fit by emphasizing the correct measurement process with a "Find Your Fit" interactive experience and a "Shop" section based on fit rather than style. It also leveraged Double Divas and their deep knowledge and lovable personalities with an immersive media "Boob Talk" section. All told, the site featured:
- An interactive, animated fitting room with step-by-step, visual instructions on finding the perfect fitting bra
- An online shopping experience that closely resembles in-store purchasing, emphasizing comfort and good body image
- Brand new branding for the company, including greatly improved visuals
Nebo also created a PR and social strategy to highlight LiviRae's main competitive advantage: their unique blend of empathy, tell-it-like-it-is truthfulness and Southern quirk. Outreach targeted the following key audiences and goals:
- Motivate existing Double Divas fans to share LiviRae's uplifting philosophy
- Win over women who felt slighted by other lingerie brands spreading unhealthy messages about beauty, body acceptance and bra fit
- Build relationships with partners and influencers in Atlanta, including media contacts, charitable organizations and other businesses
Immediately, LiviRae's PR program produced impressive results. The surge in positive conversation surpassed all expectations. Within six months, Nebo achieved the following on behalf of LiviRae:
- Secured more than 500 targeted earned media placements, including live TV and radio appearances
- Garnered local coverage from Atlanta's most highly regarded outlets, including the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Star 94 FM, Good Day Atlanta and Daily Candy
- Generated more than 46 million impressions
- Inspired bloggers and journalists to share deeply personal, uplifting stories
- Earned overwhelmingly positive coverage, with absolutely zero negative brand mentions